1000 miles proposal - junk a card directly on long press

1 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Score: +2

1. Nikola,

Hello,
for the last week, I wasn't at home, so I primarily used my phone to play. The Web client as a PWA and the shake feature really make this much better.

However, I had a question about 1000 Miles.
If you long press a card (context menu on Windows), you get the options to play it, junk it, view your general state or cancel.
However, wouldn't it be faster and more convenient if a long press would just directly junk a card?

You can already view general state from the actions menu, and I see no reason why anybody would play a card from this menu when they can just click on one directly.
Even worse, apparently nobody else saw a reason to do this either, because playing a card from this context menu is completely broken. If you try to do this on any card, you always hear wrongcard.

As it stands, to junk a card you can play, you have to go through 3 menus (choose a card, long press, choose junk, choose yes). This is a little impractical and slow.
It would be even better if this long press to junk did not even ask for a confirmation, but I realize you may not want to go in that direction. The only reason I say this is because on Windows, there are 3 shortcuts to junk a card, delete, J and shift+right arrow. Surely one of them could just junk directly...

I realize that there is supposed to be a shortcut to make this very easy (double tap and hold, then swipe right), but even though I do not usually have a problem with such gestures, I find such swipe gestures on the web client hit and miss. Sometimes I do it on the first try, sometimes not. I think there is no tolerance at all, and if your finger moves even slightly up or down during that swipe the gesture won't be recognized, but this is probably for another topic.

In any case, thank you for your consideration, and hopefully this makes sense.

Score: +1

1 messages, 1 pages:  1 ↖ Go back to topic list

Answer to topic

You must be connected in order to be allowed to post

Lost password ? Create account