Problem With Updating To the Latest Version

9 poruka, 1 stranica:  1 ↖ Vrati se nazad na listu tema

Skor: +0

1. vermontpaul,

Hello, I am trying to update to 3.0. I keep getting a message that says Make Sure You Trust This File Before downloading and I can't get past this. Help please.

2. Nikola,

Hello,
if it is the Windows Defender smart screen warning, normally there should be a more info link, and then run anyway, or something perhaps slightly different on Windows 11.

If it is not, unfortunately we will need to know which antivirus you are using to give more information.

Skor: +1

3. YNWA,

I downloaded version 3 of the PR at the end of November and there was no problems. That was on Windows 11. It does block the download as you said, maybe it is because it requires a certain certificate which the PR and many programs don't have. You have an option that says something like "download/run anyway" and select that option as Nikola suggested, it will work.

Skor: -1

4. vermontpaul,

Is someone able to do a Jaws Tandom with me so they will see this message?

5. vermontpaul,

The client keeps freezing with the older version I have and I don't see a button like that. I have even called Microsoft Accessibility and they can't even help me.

6. Nikola,

Hello,
which browser are you using to download the client?

If you give that information, probably I can give more exact instructions.

Try to download the client by visiting this link.
Run the downloaded installer, and see what happens.

Sorry, I don't really use Jaws so can't access Jaws tandem. Otherwise if you use NVDA, NVDA Remote is an option, but giving a bit more information will also help to give a more accurate reply.

7. vermontpaul,

I have tried Edge,, Chrome, and Firefox with the same result.

8. vermontpaul,

Does anyone know if there is another new version coming out? Maybe i can try downloading that one?

9. Aminiel,

Hello,

No update to the windows client is planed soon.

In any case, an update is probably going to make it worse for you, because of reputation stuff of anti-virus. A new version is systematically considered bad, while versions that are already around for long are progressively considered better.

9 poruka, 1 stranica:  1 ↖ Vrati se nazad na listu tema

Odgovori na temu

Morate da se prijavite kako biste mogli da pišete

Zaboravljena lozinka? Napravi nalog