2 Web client bugs

4 poruka, 1 stranica:  1 ↖ Vrati se nazad na listu tema

Skor: +2

1. Nikola,

Hello,
not sure when this regressed/if it was always broken, but the following two bugs on the new Web client have been brought to my attention:

1. If we use the client forum and choose to edit a message we already posted (shift+E on our message or the context menu), and then press enter on the message item to edit it, the input dialog which opens is completely empty, as if we are typing a new message. Normally, on the Windows client, it contains the already written post for you to edit.
  2. Input dialogs, like the one to write a forum message or your status don't support accented letters. I haven't tried with accented letters as we don't have any in my language, but I confirm the issue also happens with the Serbian letters/any cyrillic alphabet, they are just replaced by question marks when the input dialog is closed, as if these dialogs have an encoding issue. This problem does not happen in the chat field, and to stay clear, in the input dialog itself all the letters are displayed without any problems, but when you press OK to validate the input, then those letters are lost.

My tests were done using the latest versions of Chrome and Firefox on Windows.

Thanks.

Skor: +1

2. lucy_light,

Yeah, the second bug is quite old, I have experienced it since I joined the platform, that being over 10 years ago.
Romanian also has some special characters that get lost the way you mentioned, being replaced with question marks after the status/forum post is completed. Interestingly enough, this is not present in normal chats, so I suppose it has to do with the data submission into specific forms.
BTW, it happens on Windows client as well, no difference.

Skor: +0

3. Nikola,

Hello,

The Windows client bug happened here as well for a very, very long time, but was fixed several years ago. Do you still encounter it today on the Windows client?
If yes, this needs a separate report with the specific letters that don't work. This one is specific to the Web client, and all the mentioned scenarios should work on the Windows client without any problems.

Edit: Since we downgraded the Web client back, I can absolutely confirm that the bug number 2 is a new regression that does not happen on the old version.
Bug number 1 however is still here, so this is not related to the Web client upgrade.

Skor: +1

Poslednja izmena od strane Nikola, 26 Feb 2024 23:08:09

4. lucy_light,

OK, it seems to be working well on the Windows client, my bad. That was, in fact, the reason why I prefered not to set my status in Romanian in the last period.
However, if the same fix could be made on the web client, it would be nice.

Skor: +0

4 poruka, 1 stranica:  1 ↖ Vrati se nazad na listu tema

Odgovori na temu

Morate da se prijavite kako biste mogli da pišete

Zaboravljena lozinka? Napravi nalog